Broad-based Black Economic Empowerment (B-BBEE) is a transformation programme designed by the democratic South African government to redress the inequalities from the past due to apartheid government who was ruling the country back then.
This law ensures that the South African economy is structured and transformed to enable the meaningful participation of its citizens who were previously disadvantaged. This creates further capacity within the broader economic landscape at all levels; through skills development, employment equity, socioeconomic development, preferential procurement, enterprise development, especially small and medium enterprises, promoting the entry of black entrepreneurs into the mainstream of economic activity and advancement.
The Hollywood Group and its associated entities are committed to this law and make sure that they are fully compliant by implementing effective and sustainable programmes that assist the previously marginalised communities and its people. We believe that this helps to unleash and harness the full potential of the previously disadvantaged people, and it fosters the objectives of a pro-employment developmental growth path.
In the spirit of Ubuntu, we constantly pledge to help more communities within South Africa. Having a positive impact on the lives of numerous charitable organisations, development sports teams and SMMEs makes us feel incredibly proud.
If you know of a non-profit organisation that is in need of assistance, then we encourage you to fill out this this online application form. Remember to upload all supporting documentation to aid your application through the approval process.
Hollywoodbets has a powerful presence in the KwaZulu-Natal sporting scene and are currently the title sponsors of the Hollywoodbets Dolphins cricket team, Hollywoodbets Kingsmead Stadium, Hollywoodbets Greyville Racecourse and Hollywoodbets Scottsville Racecourse.
We are also excited to be the associate sponsors of the Cell C Sharks rugby team. In addition to that, we have entered into new European territories, being sponsors of Dundalk Stadium in Ireland; the Spanish football league, LaLiga, and the English football team, Brentford FC.
If you would like to send through a sponsorship proposal, then we encourage you to fill out this online application form. Remember to upload all supporting documentation to aid your application through the approval process.
The future growth of the South African economy largely rests on the shoulders of entrepreneurs. Through our Enterprise and Supplier Development programme, we aim to assist black owned and black women owned SMMEs to grow and become financially and operationally independent. By creating and/or developing sustainability for these small businesses, we also create a strong structure for access into the economy and thereby, ultimately, assisting to reduce the high unemployment rate in the country. In order to apply for the programme, your business must meet all the following requirements:
- It must be an EME/ QSE with at least 51% black-ownership (as per the Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment Act of 2003)
- It must have a valid B-BBEE certificate/EME and or QSE sworn affidavit
- It must have been operating for at least one year
- It must offer services that are needed in line with the industry and or add value
- It must be able to provide us with references and prior contracts of work
- It must prove that it has the potential to grow and become a success with the required ESD support
- If you meet all of these requirements, please complete the application form below and we wish you every success with your application.
- This application form must be completed in full as incomplete applications will not be considered
- Ensure a copy of your business profile along with all required documents are attached when you send it through
- The information you provide in this form will be treated in the strictest confidence. It will not be disclosed to any third party
- Hollywoodbets reserves the right to request additional information or documents, or to perform audit procedures to substantiate or verify any of the answers provided on this application form
Starlet and philanthropist, Nomzamo Mbatha, and award-winning broadcaster, Carol Tshabalala are joining forces this Women’s month. The #EmpoweringHER campaign, powered by Hollywoodbets, will bring these two powerful women together with an exciting project that will focus on investing R1.5 million into developing female – owned businesses. The campaign hopes to add light and inspiration to these businesses on their path to success.
The future growth of the South African economy largely rests on the shoulders of entrepreneurs. Through our #EmpoweringHER programme, we aim to assist women owned SMMEs to grow and become financially and operationally independent. By creating and/or developing sustainability for these small businesses, we also create a strong structure for access into the economy and thereby, ultimately, assisting to reduce the high unemployment rate in the country.